Last Opportunity to Apply Final Deadline 30th June 2010
Grants of up to £5,000 for your group!
Grassroots Grants can be used to fund a very wide range of activities in a great variety of community organisations.
Examples of funded projects are:
- Activities that meet needs in the local community
- The purchase of equipment such as computers or furniture
- The costs of putting on a local event or workshop
- Staff costs to employ someone such as a co-ordinator or sessional worker
- Costs of attending a conference or event
- Training for volunteers
- Contribution to the cost of rent
- Building repairs or refurbishment
- Running costs ... and much, much more!
To be eligible, you simply need to be a small voluntary or community group that has an annual income of less than £30,0001
The session is open to:
- Eligible groups
- Groups who could become eligible (for example, if your organisation doesn't have a constitution yet, or needs help developing a policy that's required)
- Organisations who work with groups in the above categories
The session is open to groups which are based in the borough of Richmond or which work with people in the borough of Richmond.
The session will cover:
- An Introduction to Grassroots Grants - Barbara Billey (Thames Community Foundation)
- An opportunity to ask questions of the Grant-maker
- Filling in the form - common mistakes and how to avoid them
- Describing the difference your project makes
- What help is available from RCVS - the free support we offer groups to help you get ready to apply
- Signing up for further free help, advice or information
For more information:
Please contact Julie or Reetu at Richmond CVS on 020 8255 82558500 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Booking is Essential!
To book, please contact Richmond CVS reception on 020 8255 8500 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name
- Your organisation
- Your contact details (phone, e-mail)
- Any access requirements (e.g. large print)
- Confirmation that you believe your organisation is (or could be) eligible for Grassroots funding, or works with organisations in those categories
- Confirmation that your group is based in the borough of Richmond or works with people in the borough of Richmond
The session will take place at:
Richmond CVS, 1 Princes Street, Richmond. TW9 1ED
Have You Visited Us Before?
Our offices can be a little hard to find if you haven't visited us before.
Call us on 020 8255 8500 for directions, or visit our website to see a map of how to find us: www.richmondcvs.org.uk/findcvs.html
(Access via pedestrian walkway behind the Arrogant Cat boutique)
f1.Some exclusions apply - see www.thamescommunityfoundation.org.uk/funds.htm for full eligibility criteria