Speaker: Sophie Matthews
Profile Sophie is a musician well-known for her prowess on the English border bagpipes and has become one of the foremost players of the instrument in the UK. She also plays a variety of early woodwind instruments such as shawm, rauschpfeife, crumhorm and recorder. She's also one of a handful of British players of the baroque musette, an 18th century French bagpipe similar to the Northumbrian smallpipes.
- Our lectures are held at Duke Street Church, Duke Street, Richmond TW9 1DH.
- We meet on the first Tuesday of every month except January for drinks at 7 pm and a one-hour lecture at 8 pm.
- Guests and new members are especially welcome to join us there.
- Members: Free
- Guests: £5 per person payable at the door.
- NADFAS members: £4 payable at the door.
- Students: Free, upon production of your student card.