Take some time out this Spring to re-connect in the peaceful surrounds of Orleans House Gallery and its grounds, for a weekend of activity designed to encourage wellbeing and promote mindful creativity. From gentle movement workshops to mindful play, there is something for everyone to enjoy across the course of the weekend.
- Visit our exhibitions Beyond the Frame and Richmond Borough MIND, which are free and open all weekend. Our Stables Café will be serving delicious mind, body and mood-boosting treats too!
- Join Richmond Health Walks each morning for an exciting, sociable and active walk exploring the gallery grounds and local area. At midday join our volunteer guides as they take you on a journey filled with the extraordinary stories of Orleans House's former residents and its 300-year history, in our free Heritage Tour.
- Richmond Health Walks : Saturday 4 & Sunday 5, 10 am in the grounds of Orleans House Gallery. Free. No booking required.
- Heritage Tour : Saturday 4 & Sunday 5, 12 pm in the reception of Orleans House Gallery. Free. Booking required.
- Our Sunday Afternoon Art workshop, led by Sam from SamMantra, will introduce creative play that encourages parents and their children (4 ) to pay attention to their minds and bodies. By introducing breathwork, movement and sensory activities, parents and their children will come away with tools they can use to feel more connected and balanced in their everyday lives.
- Sunday Afternoon Art : Sunday 5, 2-4 pm in the Coach House. Free. Drop-in. No booking required.
- Take some time to reconnect, with a choice of sessions designed to promote mindfulness and peaceful reflection. On Saturday join florist and founder of Flower Tonic, Lucy Rayner in one of two floristry workshops, designed to combine mindfulness, well-being and a connection to nature. Unleashing your creativity as you learn how to make beautiful everlasting dried florals. On Sunday, Sam from SamMantra will guide you through a series of mindful movement exercises inspired by the gallery's Baroque Octagon Room. Learn how to keep the mind and body nourished and balanced.
- Flower Tonic Workshops : Saturday 4, 11am & 1pm in the Coach House. £35 per session. Booking required.
- Mindfulness Through our Senses Workshop : Sunday 5, 11am in the Octagon Room. £8-£10 per. Booking required.