Starting at the historic George coaching inn, we move on to Southwark Cathedral, the burial place of Edmond Shakespeare. We will consider the Bishop of Winchester's 'geese' and the 50% royalty he took from the Globe theatre. We will discuss the remains of The Globe & The Rose Theatres and then the reconstructed Globe & Sam Wanamaker Theatres. Across the Thames will take us to Blackfriars and Shakespeare's house, then on to Middle Temple Hall, the venue of the first performance of Twelfth Night in 1602
The tour will last approx 2 hours and there will be a coffee break (not included in the cost). The group is limited to 20 but an afternoon tour can be arranged for 2.15pm the same day
- Our lectures are held at Duke Street Church, Duke Street, Richmond TW9 1DH.
- We meet on the first Tuesday of every month except January for drinks at 7pm and a one-hour lecture 8pm.
- Guests and new members are especially welcome to join us there.
- Members: Free
- Guests: Â£5 per person payable at the door.
- NADFAS members: Â£4 payable at the door.
- Students: Free, upon production of your student card.
The George Inn, 77 Borough High Street, SE1 1NH