Speaker: Ian Gledhill
Profile Ian has had a very varied career, from designing underground railways as an engineer for London Transport to appearing in pantomime with Julian Clary.
In between, he has worked in travel and tourism, music publishing, television, and especially the theatre where he has been an actor, director, set designer, stage manager and opera translator. His main interests include architecture, history, transport and classical music, especially opera and operetta. He began giving lectures in 1997 and now gives on average around 140 a year.
- Our lectures are held at Duke Street Church, Duke Street, Richmond TW9 1DH.
- We meet on the first Tuesday of every month except January for drinks at 7 pm and a one-hour lecture at 8 pm.
- Guests and new members are especially welcome to join us there.
- Members: Free
- Guests: £5 per person payable at the door.
- NADFAS members: £4 payable at the door.
- Students: Free, upon production of your student card.