The Arts Society Richmond
So The Do Cook After All! - Ravilios, Bawden and the Great Bardfield Artists
Speaker: Jo Walton
While Bawden and Ravilious saw active service as War Artists (Ravilious dying in 1942), other artists captured the soon-to-change world of rural England through the Recording Britain project. By the mid-1950s a diverse, innovative but highly creative group had made Bardfield their home - much to the bemusement of the local villagers, who found the complex relationships and artistic focus of the newcomers rather baffling.
- Our lectures are held at Duke Street Church, Duke Street, Richmond TW9 1DH.
- We meet on the first Tuesday of every month except January for drinks at 7pm and a one-hour lecture 8pm.
- Guests and new members are especially welcome to join us there.
- Members: Free
- Guests: Â£5 per person payable at the door.
- NADFAS members: Â£4 payable at the door.
- Students: Free, upon production of your student card.