Token Man Comedy is a new comedy night coming to The Exchange which will always seek to feature women comedians as well as including a 'Token Man' in the line-up.
We present the best in female comedy and female comedians but because we think it's important to be inclusive, we always have a chap on the bill and he's always one of the good ones so fear not!
Reversing the zeitgeist of the traditional, box ticking girl, on most traditional comedy nights or game show panels, we thought it would be fun to see how it works the other way round.
- Janis Haves - Fifteen years as a touring singer/songwriter gave Janis a running start when she first started comedy in 2016. New Act winner for Oyoy comedy and 'tipped to watch' by Funny Women'. Janis can be seen performing all over the UK in clubs and at festivals doing stand up and her unique brand of musical comedy.. She will be performing her second solo stand up and musical comedy show at the Edinburgh Fringe this year.
- Sally-Anne Hayward - Just back from supporting Sarah Millican on her latest tour, Sally-Anne Hayward is a stalwart of the comedy circuit and has performed stand up comedy in all 5 continents of the world. She has been described by The Independent as "Exceptionally funny"
- Janine Harouni - This multi-award winning New York native, is quickly making a name for herself as one of the fastest rising newcomers on the UK circuit. Star of Comedy Central's sketch series 'Modern Horror Stories', she's also been featured on BBC Three, BBC Four, Comic Relief, and BBC Radio Four. She's written for Comedy Central's upcoming all-female sketch series 'Laughing at Salad', BBC Three's 'Quickies', and BBC Radio Four's 'Newsjack'.
- Kathryn Mather - Winner of South East New Comedian 2018, Mather has been described as 'dark, sharp and largely unprintable' by The Oxford Times, and 'a revelation' by The Wee Review. She was tour support for Kiri Pritchard-McLean this year, is the host of Zero Hours podcast and starred in a ten part series on how to build a TARDIS.
- Mandy Muden - Mandy is the only woman ever to combine Comedy and Magic on the UK Comedy and Corporate circuits and has been awarded The Magic Circle Carlton Award for Comedy in Magic. A Britain's Got Talent semi finalist, she has a 'larger than life' personality with a razor sharp wit and so creates a fantastic rapport, offering a great line in audience participation.
- Token man: Dave Thompson - Dave has performed his stand-up comedy act in forty countries and four cruise ships. Known for his one-liners and absurd persona and the fact that he was the voice behind Tinky Winky of Telly Tubby fame, Dave has written material for many other comics. These include Harry Hill, Ronnie Corbett, Bruce Forsyth, Jim Tavare, Ben Elton, Phil Nichol, Omid Djalili, Stewart Lee, Phil Nichol, Tony Law, and John Moloney.