Award-winning poet and raconteur, Luke Wright tours the flat-roofed pubs and half-bought couches of Brexit Britain, and even goes back in time to London's gas-lit 19th century streets through his poems.
Meet Edward Dando the oyster-guzzling hero of the late-Georgian broadsides; witness Iain Duncan Smith being taken to pieces in a poem that utilises only one type of vowel; and raise a warm can of Stella with the Essex campers who spot a lion prowling the marshes.
The characters that populate these poems are diverse and strange but they, like Wright, are all facing moral conundrums. There's decisions to make; questions to answer; gin to drink.
Wright makes poetry accessible. Spend an evening with a raconteur at the top of his game, as he performs inventive verse that sweats, bleeds and sings.
The Exchange, Twickenham
- Unless otherwise stated in the programme all events can be booked as follows
- Book your tickets online here
- Book by phone, call 020 8831 6494 with your credit/debit card ready.
- The box office is open from 3 October, Monday-Friday 10am-5pm with a message service at other times.
- See the website for more information