Speaker: Chloe Sayer
This lecture celebrates the long history and vast scope of picture postcards -ÂÂ“ bearers of news and repositories of memories.
Chloe is a freelance specialist in the art and culture of Latin America. She has lectured in the UK, Canada, Ireland, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, and on cruises. As a Fellow of the Royal Anthropological Institute she has carried out fieldwork, curated several exhibitions and assisted on TV documentaries for BBC and Channel 4.
Her many publications include Mexican Textiles (British Museum Press, 1990), Arts and Crafts of Mexico (Thames & Hudson, 1990), The Incas - The Ancient World (Wayland, 1998) and Textiles from Mexico (British Museum Press, 2002). She is co-author of Skeleton at the Feast; Mexican Day of the Dead (British Museum Press, 1991), Traditional Mexican Architecture (Thames & Hudson, 1993) and Masks Arts of Mexico (Thames & Hudson, 1994). She has also published articles in newspapers, magazines and travel guides.
- Our lectures are held at Duke Street Church, Duke Street, Richmond TW9 1DH.
- We meet on the first Tuesday of every month except January for drinks at 7pm and a one-hour lecture 8pm.
- Guests and new members are especially welcome to join us there.
- Members: Free
- Guests: £5 per person payable at the door.
- NADFAS members: £4 payable at the door.
- Students: Free, upon production of your student card.