Events :: event
A behind the scenes visit to a Grade II* Victorian theatre
A talk about the entertainment hall and its purpose in the daily life of the hospital. The fixtures and fittings will be examined in detail. There will be a tour around the theatre, stage and back rooms. On show will be a selection of restored Victorian flats depicting a variety of scenery.
There will also be an opportunity to view images of our extensive catalogue of restored Victorian scenery. This project, which is being funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, is ongoing.
- Tickets: £10 per person, including refreshments
- Places are limited, so book early.
- Call 0333 1212 300 (Mon to Friday 9am to 5pm) or book online at www.langdondowncentre.org.uk
How to get there
- By train: The nearest train station is Hampton Wick - 7 minutes walk away. It connects easily with Waterloo, Vauxhall, Clapham Junction, Wimbledon and Richmond. Turn right out the station and then follow directions below as if driving from Kingston. Langdon Park is off Kingston Road, opposite Wick Road. We are in the big building on the right once you have turned into Langdon Park.
- By bus: The 281 stops outside the building, travelling from Tolworth and Kingston in one direction, and Teddington and Twickenham in the other. The 285, which links Kingston and Heathrow airport, also stops outside.
- By car: If you're driving from Kingston, drive past Hampton Wick station on the right and then take the first right after Normansfield Avenue. This isn't named on the map but is called "Langdon Park". Turn immediately right again and park in one of the spaces marked "L.D.C. Reserved Parking". Walk down the gravel path (edged with red brick) and you will come to a big red door on the left, which is the main entrance into the building. If you are approaching from the Twickenham/Richmond direction then take your first left after Holmesdale Road into Langdon Park and then carry on as above.