The Rugby Football Union is the national governing body for grassroots and elite rugby in England, with 1,900 autonomous rugby clubs in its membership.
The clubs are grouped within 35 Constituent Bodies, comprised of counties - some individual, some combined - the three armed forces, Oxford and Cambridge Universities, England Schools Rugby Football Union and England Students.
All of this is supported by the RFU's 50 Rugby Development Officers, eight Regional Development Managers and no less than 150 Community Rugby Coaches across the country, who provide some 30,000 coaching sessions a year for young people.
The RFU employs approximately 500 paid staff and helps to train and support up to 40,000 volunteers whose roles include:
- Organising rugby activity, including the playing, coaching and refereeing of matches and recreational rugby at all levels
- Supporting the volunteer workforce
- Working with clubs to secure grants and loans for facilities
- Fundraising, handling money and insurance
- Offering medical advice and support
- Committee member/trustee
- Secretarial, administration and clerical help
Rugby House - Twickenham Stadium
200 Whitton Road
- Rugby Football Union (RFU) :: England v Ireland
Saturday, 24 August 3pm
- Rugby Football Union (RFU) :: Barbarians v Fiji - Killik Cup
Saturday, 16 November 2:30pm
- Rugby Football Union (RFU) :: Varsity Match 2019
Thursday, 12 December 11:30am
- Rugby Football Union (RFU) :: Guinness Six Nations 2020 - England v Ireland
Sunday, 23 February
- Rugby Football Union (RFU) :: Guinness Six Nations 2020 - England v Wales
Saturday, 7 March