Overlooking Twickenham embankment this playground is found on a higher tier from the towpath (up a staircase) and has play equipment for younger children.
Richmond House - situated on the Twickenham Riverside - and its grounds were purchased by the local Council in 1924. The purchase was sanctioned by the Ministry of Health, for the purpose of providing public walks and pleasure grounds. The Ministry also loaned the Council the £11,000 needed to buy it. In 1935 a Lido Swimming pool was opened on the site at a cost of £19,000 - this was closed in 1980 for 'refurbishment.'