Local Information :: music
Eel Pie Island is one of the historic centres for the development of British R&B in the 1960's. Many major names in played there including: The Rolling Stones, Rod Stewart, John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and The Who - all performed on the Island.The Eel Pie Club was founded in April 2000 to re-establish a home for R&B.
They meet Wednesdays at 8:30pm at The Cabbage Patch Pub.
Advance tickets are available at shows via the Eel Pie Club website at www.eelpieclub.com, or by sending a cheque with a stamped,self-addressed envelope.
c/o Executive Mortgages
6 Park Road
- Eel Pie Club :: SLIM CHANCE at Eel Pie Club
Thursday, 28 September 8pm
- Eel Pie Club :: JOHN IDAN & THE NATURAL BLUES BAND
Thursday, 12 October 8:30pm
- Eel Pie Club :: THE DOWNLINERS SECT
Thursday, 19 October 8:30pm
- Eel Pie Club :: UNCHAINED - THE BEST OF JOE COCKER
Thursday, 2 November 8:30pm
- Eel Pie Club :: LEAF HOUND
Thursday, 16 November 8:30pm
- Eel Pie Club :: QUIZ NIGHT - with special guest, PETER HAMMERTON
Thursday, 23 November 8:30pm
- Eel Pie Club :: GENO WASHINGTON & THE YO YOS
Thursday, 30 November 8:30pm
- Eel Pie Club :: GENO WASHINGTON
Thursday, 30 November 8pm
- Eel Pie Club :: CHRISTMAS PARTY!! Eel Pie All-Stars Guest Musicians
Wednesday, 13 December 8:30pm