Eel Pie Island is one of the historic centres for the development of British R&B in the 1960's. Many major names in played there including: The Rolling Stones, Rod Stewart, John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck and The Who - all performed on the Island.The Eel Pie Club was founded in April 2000 to re-establish a home for R&B.
They meet Wednesdays at 8:30pm at The Cabbage Patch Pub.
Advance tickets are available at shows via the Eel Pie Club website at www.eelpieclub.com, or by sending a cheque with a stamped,self-addressed envelope.
c/o Executive Mortgages
6 Park Road
- Eel Pie Club :: SLIM CHANCE at Eel Pie Club
Thursday, 30 May 8pm
- Eel Pie Club :: THE ROLLIN' STONED
Thursday, 6 June 8pm
- Eel Pie Club :: BIRDWOOD - dedicated to Art Wood
Thursday, 11 July 8pm
- Eel Pie Club :: ZOOT MONEY'S BIG ROLL BAND
Thursday, 25 July 8pm
- Eel Pie Club :: JOE JAMMER'S ALL-STAR CHICAGO BLUES REVUE
Thursday, 8 August 8pm
- Eel Pie Club :: GENO WASHINGTON
Thursday, 22 August 8pm
- Eel Pie Club :: CADILLAC KINGS
Thursday, 5 September 8pm
- Eel Pie Club :: PETER DONEGAN and THE BAND (As Seen On The Voice)
Thursday, 19 September 8pm
- Eel Pie Club :: KAST OFF KINKS
Thursday, 26 September 8pm