The 42 hectare London Wetland Centre is the best urban wildlife site in Europe. Located next to the Thames it is close to the heart of the capital but as noted by The Times, "When you enter, you leave London behind." Spot wildlife such as kingfishers and bitterns and explore attractions that include our 'bird airport' observatory, bat house and adventure playground.
Queen Elizabeth's Walk
Open 7 days a week, except 25 December
- Summer opening time (until Saturday 29 October 2011)
- 9.30am to 6pm (last admission 5pm).
- Winter opening time (from Sunday 30 October 2011)
- 9.30am to 5pm (last admission 4pm).
- Early closing on 24 December (last admission 2pm, centre closes at 3pm).
Gift Aid admission prices
- Adult: £10.55
- Concession: £7.85 (over 65 years, full-time students, unemployed)
- Child: £5.85 (4-16 years)
- Family: £29.40 (2 adults & 2 children, 4-16 years)
- Children (under 4 years): Free