Orleans House Gallery is the principal visual arts venue for the London borough of Richmond upon Thames and the home of the council's thriving arts service. We provide arts for everyone, including exhibitions in three venues, a diverse range of festivals, special events for families and education provision for all ages and needs.
Orleans House Gallery stages six free exhibitions a year, ranging from historical to contemporary and also displays works from the Richmond Borough Art Collection. The original house was the former home of exiled French King Louis Philippe between 1815-17. The Gibbs-designed Octagon Room, built for first owner James Johnston in 1720, still survives as an outstanding example of baroque architecture. The site is situated in six acres of parkland and woodland overlooking the River Thames.
The buildings and site were sensitively refurbished between 2005-2008 by architects Patel Taylor. There is a now a Coach House Education Centre, refurbished Stables Gallery, free heritage display and North Stables cafe in converted 19th century stables.
The gallery was shortlisted for the prestigious Art Fund Prize in 2009.
|Tuesday - Sunday||10am-5pm|
- Orleans House Gallery :: #CollectionCuriosities
25 Aug - 24 Feb
- Orleans House Gallery :: British Tapestry Group: Sound and Weave / Rhythm of the Weave
22 Nov - 24 Feb
- Orleans House Gallery :: The English Academies: From St Martin's Lane to the Royal Academy
Tuesday, 22 January 1:15-2:30pm
- Orleans House Gallery :: Napoleon Bonaparte: Enlightened or Romantic?
Tuesday, 29 January 1:15-2:30pm
- Orleans House Gallery :: Sir John Soane: Hard Headed Dreamer
Tuesday, 5 February 1:15-2:30pm
- Orleans House Gallery :: Pencil Portraits
Thursday, 7 February 10:3-12pm
- Orleans House Gallery :: Responses to Revolution: Two Artist's Reaction
Tuesday, 12 February 1:15-2:30pm
- Orleans House Gallery :: Oil Painting Still Life, Tea-set Triptych
Wednesday, 27 February 10:1-12pm
- Orleans House Gallery :: Paper Cutting
Thursday, 28 February 10:3-12pm
- Orleans House Gallery :: Cathy Cooper: Life Through a Lens
28 Feb - 28 Apr