Richmond Council has announced that this year there will be no changes to household waste, recycling and garden waste collections over the Christmas and New Year period - including bank holidays. All collections will be carried out on your normal collection days.
There will also be no change for those receiving commercial waste and recycling collection services.
Residents are asked that if they have excessive paper or card collections which cannot be deposited in their recycling containers, to consider taking this to a local street recycling site or pre-book an appointment to visit the Household Waste and Recycling Centre at Townmead Road, Kew. Check opening times.
Real Christmas trees will be collected between Tuesday 4 January and Friday 14 January 2021. Find out more about what you need to do before we can collect your tree.
Alternatively, you can take your Christmas tree to:
- Household Waste and Recycling Centre, Townmead Road, Kew (please remember to book ahead)
- Barn Elms Sports Centre, SW13 0DG (opposite Barnes Rugby Centre)
- Squire’s Garden Centre Car Park, Sixth Cross Road, TW2 5PA
- Old Deer Car Park, TW9 2RA
- Ham Street Car Park, TW10 7RS
- Nelson Road Car Park, TW2 7BB
- Hampton Library Car Park, TW12 2AB
- North Lane Car Park, Teddington, TW11 0HJ
Our waste and recycling teams will be working very hard to ensure Christmas and New Years’ collections are completed throughout the borough but please be mindful that due to heavy workloads some collection crews may be undertaking collections later than normal. You can report a missed collection online.
– from a Richmond Council press release - 6 December 2021