Mindfulness and Therapeutic Yoga are well known to help reduce and better manage stress, anxiety and depression. This evidence-based 8-week yoga therapy course is for anyone looking to better manage stress, anxiety and/or depression. Combining specific yoga therapy techniques and mindfulness with research from the fields of psychotherapy and neuroscience, this course aims to provide you with a tool box of self-regulation techniques which you can use on a daily basis to improve your mental health.
Developed by The Minded Institute* and delivered by qualified local Yoga Therapist Sammie Mason**, this course aims to:
- Provide self-regulation techniques to better manage stress, anxiety, and depression on a day-to-day basis helping to improve your mental health
- Enhance the functioning of the nervous system to improve well-being
- Improve self-awareness through the practice of mindfulness
- Promote the elimination of negative habitual patterns of thought and behaviour helping to improve your mental health on a longer-term basis
Each two-hour class is suitable for all levels and each week we will reveal how the mind, body and brain work together from a scientific perspective and teach you how to use practices that will promote well-being in all aspects of yourself.
During the first two weeks of the course, we focus on regulating breath as a mode to alter the functioning of your nervous system, so that you can manage stress with greater ease. From weeks 3 - 5 we concentrate on the relationship between body and mood and in weeks 6 - 8 we focus specifically on the mind.
To complement the class, a comprehensive manual and audio recordings will be shared to guide individual practice, which coincides with each week of the course.
This course is unsuitable for people currently experiencing psychosis, PTSD, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, eating disorders, those suffering from suicidal thoughts or chronic fatigue (ME).
The course will run on Sunday evenings from 7pm - 9pm on September 12th, 19th, 26th, October 3rd, 10th, 17th, 31st, November 7th. It will take place at: The ETNA Community Centre, 13 Rosslyn Road, East Twickenham, Twickenham, TW1 2AR in the ‘Attenborough Hall’.
For further details or to express your interest contact Sammie on:
- The Minded Institute is a world leader in yoga therapy and mindfulness programs for those with mental health and chronic physical health problems. www.themindedinstitute.com ** Sammie Mason is a qualified Yoga Therapist for Mental Health and Chronic Physical conditions. She is an experienced British Wheel of Yoga Teacher with over 15 years of experience, as well as a specialist Pregnancy Yoga Teacher. In addition to running the Minded 8-Week Yoga Therapy Course for Stress, Anxiety & Depression, she also provides a range of therapeutic yoga workshops and one-to-one yoga therapy.