Founded in 2011, the Twickenham Riverside Trust is a local charity invested in the future of Twickenham Riverside for the benefit of the public. Our charitable purposes are:
- To preserve protect and improve for the benefit of the public the Riverside and its environs in Twickenham (and other such areas that the Trustees may from time to time decide)
- To provide charitable facilities there for public recreation and community activities
- To advance the education of the public in the history and environment of the area
To date, our primary focus has been the Diamond Jubilee Gardens on Twickenham Riverside, of which the Trust holds the lease until 2140. Since 2013 we have been hosting free events to encourage people to discover and make use of the Gardens. Events have included everything from dogs in a show ring to the Gruffalo in his grotto, ‘best bangers’ to brass bands, emergency responders to petanque players.
We are now looking for new trustees to help expand our range of activities and partnerships, and introduce Twickenham Riverside as a leisure/heritage destination to as wide an audience as possible through a range of events/activities that could include history walks, wildlife trails, river- based activities and live-music events.
We are interested in people who would like to:
- Promote Twickenham Riverside and its environs to diverse user groups
- Raise the Trust’s online presence
- Plan and execute public events
- Raise awareness of environmental issues
- Establish a ‘Friends of Twickenham Riverside’ group
- Integrate the river more into the Trust’s activities
- Help with fundraising
- Contribute to the Trust’s skillset with any legal or accounting experience
What can we offer you as a trustee?
- The satisfaction of making a material difference at a local level
- The potential to grow your experience of the voluntary sector
- The professional development that comes from taking a charity to its next level
Previous trustee experience is not necessary, and we would particularly welcome applications from younger members of the community.
If you would like to have a no-commitment, informal chat about who we are, what we do, and what we are looking to do, we would love to hear from you: email@example.com
The Trust is fully committed to diversity, both within its organisation and in the work that it carries out. We are particularly looking to widen our diversity and Trustees will be chosen irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race including colour, ethnic or national origins and nationality, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.