People who think they may have contracted Coronavirus can get tested at a temporary pop-up testing centre in Old Deer Park, at selected dates this September.
In addition to the drive-in testing centre at Twickenham Stadium, the tests are being offered to anyone who thinks they may have symptoms - not just key workers. See the below for the dates.
Please note the test will not show if you have already had Covid-19, only if you have the infection on the day of the test.
You must not turn up without an appointment - those who have not booked will not be tested.
The main symptoms of the disease are:
- A high temperature - this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- A new, continuous cough - this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste - this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Please note, if Richmond is not shown as one of the options when you book, please try again later.
Leader of Richmond Council, Cllr Gareth Roberts, said:
“Over the past few weeks we have seen a slight increase in the number of positive cases in the borough, and we think that some of these are linked to foreign travel. It is essential that anyone who thinks that they have come into contact with someone with Covid-19 or are displaying symptoms get tested. It is easy to apply for a test and with these local pop-up sites, there is no problem getting an appointment locally.”
Those tested will receive their results 48 hours later.
Please remember you can also apply for a Home Test Kit. They are delivered to your home and then collected by courier once completed. Please visit www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test for more information.
The pop-up testing centre is available at Old Deer Park throughout August ONLY to those people with an appointment:
- Thursday, 3rd September
- Sunday, 6th September
- Wednesday, 9th September
- Saturday, 12th September
- Tuesday, 15th September
- Friday, 18th September
- Monday, 21st September
- Thursday, 24th September
- Sunday, 27th September
- Wednesday, 30th September
– from a Richmond Council press release - 25 August 2020