As 2019 comes to a close, we wanted to share some quick stats on the year that has gone by, as we have in 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 and 2014. The site has gone through many big changes this year, but not many people will notice, including:
- Updated the pages based on a csswizardry workshop’s recommendations to improve site speed
- Started using Cloudinary for index page images and a new Suru design
Articles and events
This year we wrote fewer articles, but published a few more events than last year.
Not to mention, we sent out 40 newsletters
Top 20 Articles
Here are the top 20 articles published 2019.
- Billy Pepper and The Pepper Pots - 744
- Police warning for sex attacker - 476
- Major filming in Richmond - 31 March to 7 April 2019 - 358
- Poll - Have your feelings towards Brexit changed? - 297
- Over 200,000 people use Twickenham Rough - 294
- Update from the Moormead Community & Sports Pavilion - 290
- Jack and Jill School May Fair - 19 May 2019 - 288
- The man who stood at the gate of the year - 282
- Army v Navy drunken antics cannot be repeated - 279
- MoD’s sneaky decision to sell Kneller Hall - 279
- Marble Hill Revived - 262
- Major gas works on Richmond Road - 238
- Step-free entrance and ticket gates - 232
- Sign-up for a play street on 22 September 2019 - 220
- Amended 20mph limit approved by Cabinet - 192
- Kilmorey open day and plant sale - 28 April 2019 - 191
- Richmond’s first Comedy Festival - 15 to 16 June 2019 - 184
- Standing at the Crossroads - 171
- Turner House Exhibition - Miniature Lands of Myth and Memory - 161
- Huge public support for Rosslyn Road clinic - 160
We have not been the best twitter user again this year, but all events and articles are posted, so why not follow us?
We also have a Facebook page. Why not follow us?
These are up a bit from last year, mostly down to the very long tail of many of Martyn Day’s articles:
|Pages per session||1.36||1.42||1.62||1.73|
How people accessed the site
One trend we have been watching is how many people are now using the site on phones and tablets. This is why we continue making the site work better on smaller screens. This year’s mobile usage as soared to well over half of all sessions!
|Device||Sessions||Change from 2018|
Well, hope you have a great 2020 and if you want to write an article or promote that local event, please get in touch.