This year, Crossway Pregnancy Crisis Centre are uniting with local charities Embracing Age and Crosslight to hold a sponsored walk, run, cycle and swim event which will take place on 28 September from Wandsworth Bridge to Hampton Open Air Pool in Hampton. We are looking for people of all abilities and ages to participate individually or in a team and take on a new exciting challenge which is outlined below.
The challenge is: Walk, run, cycle or swim 20 miles to celebrate our 20th anniversary!
Participants will raise money and choose to support one of three charities including:
- Crossway Pregnancy Crisis Centre
- Embracing Age
Participants can opt to take this challenge on in any of the following ways:
- Two friends can walk 10 miles together
- A family of four can cycle 5 miles
- A group of 6 friends can run 3.33 miles each
- In a team of four, swim and run the total distance of 20 miles
Barbecue and drinks will be available for all attendees
- £10 per adult / £5 per child Fee includes: Free T-shirt, barbecue and drinks
- Tickets and registration
Can you help?
As we are a small organisation we are looking for volunteers on the day too if you can help or know anyone who might be interested, We would appreciate the request. We are looking for the following -
- Six marshals to attend water stations (2 people per station) located at 1. Hammersmith Bridge 2. Kew Bridge 3. Off Riverside Drive, Ham
- Six counters for the swimathon from 5-7pm at Hampton Pool
- Three people to volunteer to help with the BBQ, Welcome Desk and Drinks and Cake stall
We have combined the swimathon with our ‘choose a challenge’ event this year (see flyer attached). This is a sponsored event where people can swim, walk, cycle or run 20 miles alone or with friends/family etc. to celebrate our 20th anniversary.