Tickets are now on sale for the annual ‘Know Your Place’ Heritage Festival which celebrates Richmond’s rich and vibrant history.
Organised by Richmond Council’s Library Service, the ‘Know Your Place’ festival is the annual programme of activities that takes place throughout September and celebrates the history of the borough.
The festival is a month long series of workshops, walks, talks and activities. Particular highlights include:
- Open House tours of the Old Town Hall, Richmond and the Poppy Factory
- Talks on Elizabeth 1, Horace Walpole, The Poor in Richmond, Mortlake Crematorium and Richmond Park’s South African Military Hospital.
- The ‘In the Know’ Local History Quiz Night
- A workshop on researching your house
- An archaeology ‘Find Day’
- A Question Time event with local historians
- Guided walks around Twickenham Riverside, Kew and Historic Richmond
Tickets are now available online.
Cllr David Linnette, Richmond Council Cabinet Member for Libraries, said:
“This year’s Know your Place festival is bigger and better than ever! Richmond upon Thames has a wealth of cultural heritage and there really is no better way of unearthing its hidden secrets than taking part in this festival.
“With an action packed programme of activities for children, young people and adults, this exciting Festival really has something for everyone. Book your tickets now…before they are all gone!”
To see the full programme and book your tickets, go to: www.richmond.gov.uk/know_your_place