We’re putting on our fifth TW12 Jazz Festival on the first weekend of June which will take place in Richmond (RACC Parkshot), Lower Sunbury and Hampton Hill Theatre over three days. As always, our festival will feature both top-line jazz artists alongside Richmond Borough students and some local performers. This year we have one free event on each day and a workshop for singers and musicians.
Our headline artist this year, who will finish the Sunday evening at Hampton Hill, will be the multi GRAMMY nominated US pianist Geoffrey Keezer with Canadian vocalist Gillian Margo. They will also be running the workshop on the Sunday afternoon called ‘The Art of Accompanying Sings’ which will be of special interest to pianists, guitarists and vocalists. The festival will begin on the Friday for the first time at RACC Parkshot in conjunction with Richmond Jazz School where the Gareth Lockrane 17-Piece Big Band will be performing in the Queen Charlotte Hall. There will also be a free jam session open to all in ‘The Link’ before the concert begins. Other jazz artists throughout the weekend will include the Brandon Allen Quartet, Alexander Bone Quartet (the first BBC Young Jazz Musician of the Year in 2014), TC4 (Terence Collie Quartet, Hampton based pianist and founder of the festival), Dom Pipkin (New Orleans style solo piano), Tony Barnard Duo (guitar, harp guitar and ukulele), Janet & Friends (myself introducing young rising star student vocalists with the Meredith White Trio) plus the Richmond Youth Jazz Band led by Roger Perrin.
Friday 2nd June - PARKSHOT
- 17:00 - 19:00 Jam Session
- 19:30 - 22:00 Gareth Lockrane Big Band
Saturday 3rd June - RIVERSIDE ARTS CENTRE
- 16:00 - 17:00 Dom Pipkin
- 17:30 - 18:30 Tony Barnard Duo
- 19:00 - 20:00 Janet and Friends
- 20.30 - 22:30 Brandon Allen Quartet Plays Gene Ammons (with interval)
Sunday 4th June - HAMPTON HILL THEATRE
- 14:00 - 15:30 Workshop with Geoffrey Keezer and Gillian Margot
- 16:00 - 17:00 Richmond Youth Jazz Band
- 17:30 - 18:30 Alexander Bone Quartet
- 19:00 - 20:00 TC4 featuring Roberto Manzin - Play Mike Brecker
- 20:30 - 22:30 Geoffrey Keezer Trio Featuring Gillian Margot (with interval)