Learn about three great family art sessions from Richmond Council this Autumn; Family Explorers at the OSO Art Centre in Barnes and the ever popular See Saw for Under 5s plus Dad Days!
For all sessions
- For more details check out the Richmond arts website
- No booking is necessary, just drop-in on the day. Complimentary tickets are available for those who are unemployed, receiving benefits or otherwise eligible
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
Family Explorers is back at the OSO Arts Centre in Barnes for 7 weeks from the 27th October!
Under 5s and their accompanying adults can drop-in to Studio 3 on Thursday mornings from 10am to 12noon to enjoy a different art & craft theme each week along with a songs, stories, parachute games, and imaginative play, plus FREE entry to the OSO’s soft play room all morning.
Weekly themes are:
- 27 October - Happy Halloween
- 3 November - Fireworks Night
- 10 November - Under the Sea
- 17 November - Dinosaurs
- 24 November - Space Adventure
- 1 December - Teddy Bear’s Picnic
- 8 December - Festive Fun
- £6 for first child, £3 for additional siblings
- Or sign up for all 7 weeks and get 7 sessions for the price of 5!
Weekly drop-in sessions for under-fives and their carers.
See Saw allows children to learn, play and explore in our multi-sensory sessions designed to encourage creativity, curiosity and develop skills in communication, co-ordination and social interaction.
Sessions will include music, play materials, soft play, creative activities, stories and rhyme time in a relaxed informal environment and often take place in the beautiful gallery space.
See Saw sessions take place every Friday (term time and school holidays) from 10.30am to 12.30pm, in either the Coach House, or Stables Gallery, at Orleans House Gallery.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Please wear clothes suitable for painting in!
- The sessions cost is £6 for the first child and £3 for additional siblings.
Dad Day is a programme of creative activities for Dads or male carers and their children from babies to 10 years. Dads can join us for practical artist-led workshops exploring different themes and techniques including animation, print-making, construction and painting.
With workshops based upon the current exhibition in Richmond’s Riverside Gallery, have fun exploring the gallery, playing with clay, creating collages, making masks and much more!
- Dad Day takes place on the second Saturday of the month.
- 10am to 12 noon
- Whittaker Ellis Suite at Old Town Hall, Whittaker Avenue, Richmond TW9 1TP
- £6 for first child, £3 for additional siblings over 6 months.
Dates for 2016
- Saturday 3 September (First Saturday of the month - this month only!) - Africa Inspired - creating work inspired by Africa and African Artworks
- Saturday 8 October Painting Portraits - create your own portrait with painting and mixed media
- Saturday 12 November Special Stories - experiment with origami book making and create your own story.
- Saturday 10 December Festive Prints - inspired by our exhibition on the Hogarth press, experiment with printing techniques.