Our Barn is offering new drop-in sessions for unpaid family carers and a support group for parents who have a child with a newly diagnosed disability or special need.
Parent Support Group
Are you the parent of a child newly diagnosed with a disability or special needs?
However much you love your child or your newborn baby being told that they have a disability is never going to be welcome news. Even if you might feel relief at having your own fears confirmed, it can still feel quite shocking to hear it in words. It can plunge you into such a whirlpool of emotions that all you feel is disbelief and incomprehension as well as very understandable concerns about what the future will hold for you and your family.
The first year or so after your child’s diagnosis can be both confusing and rewarding as you go through the process of adjustment and one filled with questions and conflicting feelings.
It does not always feel possible to share these thoughts with family or friends, especially if you feel judged or overwhelmed.
- Come and join us from 10am to midday on the first Wednesday of each month (term time only) starting on Wednesday October 5th for our confidential, non judgemental parents support group of the recently diagnosed.
- Led by a BACP accredited counsellor you will have an opportunity to share some of those thoughts in a safe place
- At the Bridgelink Centre, Summerwood Road, Isleworth TW7 7QR
Carers Support Group
Carers therapeutic support, led by Lesley Beck, BACP accredited counsellor. Including drop-in service, themed discussions, and 1 to 1 support, sessions will focus on themes such as transition, inclusion, loss of identity as a carer, plus monthly newly diagnosed group.
- Session details on the Our Barn website events calendar: www.ourbarn.org.uk
- Running term-time Wednesdays, 10am to 1pm at the BridgeLink Centre, Summerwood Road, Isleworth TW7 7QR
- H20, 110, 267 and 481 buses run nearby. There is also parking.
_Parents in Touch volunteers will be available to assist with form-filling and advice if required. If you require help with a DLA application, or other lengthy form please book an appointment by contacting the PiT Helpline by phone: 07548 219428 or email email@example.com