Guy Faulk’s night can be great fun but beware that small children are terrified of the loud bangs or sometimes imagine the fireworks will fall out of the sky on to their heads…which can spoil the enjoyment somewhat! Try and watch fireworks from a good distance to minimise stress or take some ear defenders.
Three of the best in the area are shown below but do let us know if your school or community are holding a smaller display and we’ll include them in our list - email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you can watch from top of Richmond Hill for free and see many of London’s displays from a distance (much quieter) and there is pedestrianised space for kids to run around a bit - plus the Roebuck pub opposite for a few drinks to aid the fun.
RICHMOND FIREWORKS DISPLAY
The Richmond fireworks display is back again, bringing a spectacular collection of fireworks and fun to West London. A real favourite for locals, the Richmond fireworks display remains incredibly popular thanks to a family friendly atmosphere and a display that’s always of the highest quality.
- When: Sunday 2nd November 2014
- Where: Richmond Athletics Ground
- Display: 19:00
- Admission: £10.00 for adults and £5.00 for kids over five years old, £30.00 for families.
- Advance Tickets: £8.00 for adults and £5.00 for kids, with under-fives getting in for free. An advance family ticket for two adults and four children costs £28.00.
- Call 0208 940 0397 to book tickets
BARNES FIREWORKS DISPLAY
Lighting up the skies above south west London with a spectacular pyrotechnics show, the Barnes fireworks display gets Guy Fawkes Night off to a big bang. There’s also a Make-a-Guy competition for kids, and the creator of the best Guy can join the torch lit procession and help to light the big bonfire at the event.
- When: Saturday 1st November 2013
- Where: Barnes Sports Club
- Display: 20:00
- Admission: £10.00 adults, £5.00 children. Kids under 5 go free. Family ticket £25.00
KINGSTON FIREWORKS DISPLAY
The Kingston fireworks display promises to be a massive London fireworks event, with a huge display, family attractions and more kicking off at Kingsmeadow Athletics Stadium. Grab a gang and head over for one of the biggest displays in London.
- When: Friday 7th November 2014
- Where: Kingsmeadow Athletics Stadium
- Display: 20:00
- Admission: Adults £6.00, children aged 5-11 £4.00
- Advance Tickets: Adults £5.00, children aged 5-11 £3.00
OTHER FIREWORKS DISPLAY
- Sat 1st - Barnes Sports Club. Gates Open 5.30pm, Best Guy Competition 6.30pm, Bonfire Lighting 6.55pm, Firework Lighting 8.00pm (timings TBC)
- Sun 2nd - Richmond Athletic Ground (Old Deer Park). Displays starts at 7pm.
- Sat 8th - Collis Primary School from 5pm.
- Sun 9th - Orleans Primary School, display starts at 7pm - email email@example.com for more details
- For many more details about each display and updates, please go to For Sanity’s Sake website