Village Treasures of Hounslow Borough: a talk by Christine Diwell, one of the founder members of the Hounslow Heritage Guides who have been leading heritage tours for 20 years.
Her talk highlights the towns and villages that today form the basis of the London Borough of Hounslow, including: Bedfont with its picturesque 11th-century church; the Royal Manor of Hanworth where extensive farmland was owned by William Whiteley, whose store won him the name of Universal Provider; Brentford, a mixture of fine house and industry; Isleworth bordered by the Thames, with a man-made river at its centre, and once home to the painter Vincent Van Gogh.
- hosted by the West London Postcard Club
- Our postcard dealer this evening is Julian Dunn.
- Chiswick Town Hall, Heathfield Terrace, W4 4JN
- Doors open at 7.15 for 8pm.
- Entry: members £1.50, non-members £2.