St Margarets Mum Ellie Wrigglesworth has always enjoyed mud and invites you and your children to come and share her passion!
Wild Tots and Wild Pre-school are starting again after half term. Bring your children along for Gruffalo spotting, bear hunting, dragon chasing, dinosaur tracking, marshmallow toasting, den building, puddle jumping, mud making, singing & giggling!
Ellie set up Wild Education when she trained as a Forest School practitioner and realized the importance of natural play and learning.
Forest School is an ethos of education which has arrived from Scandinavia and is growing in popularity in UK nurseries and primary schools. It is focused on regular child led learning in a natural environment.
“I can’t enthuse enough about the benefits of getting our young people outdoors; having adventures, taking responsibility, learning how best to take risks, to cooperate together, to negotiate and compromise while stretching their legs and their imagination. They’ll learn to use their initiative, solve problems, learn about and respect each other and their environment and have enormous fun!”
- Age: 3-4 year olds
- Day: Monday Time: 9.30 - 11.30am (starts 24th February) OR Day: Thursday Time: 12.30 - 2.30pm (starts 27th February)
- Cost: £120 - for 10 sessions - 6 before and 4 after Easter. Please note Monday will be £108 for 9 sessions - no session 5th May - bank holiday.
- Grown-ups can drop and go, or stay and play
- Age: Toddler
- Day: Thursday Time: 9.30 - 11am (starts 27th February)
- Cost: £90 - for 10 sessions - 6 before and 4 after Easter
- Grown-ups must stay and play
The group will meet and be collected from Orleans House Gallery car park. The group will need to wear waterproofs, wellies and layers (jumper/fleece/hat/scarf/gloves) depending on the weather. A snack will be provided but they need to bring a drink.
Wild Education also runs school curriculum sessions, after school clubs and holiday activities.