Richmond Council is consulting on plans to upgrade the heart of St Margarets. The ideas put forward come from local people and traders, who contacted them with suggestions to improve the area at the junction of St Margarets Road, The Barons and Crown Road outside Twickenham Studios near the bus stop.
Improvements proposed are
- Installing an interpretive feature which tells people about the history of the studios and some of the famous movies made here
- Replacing the existing bench with a seat under the bus shelter so people waiting for buses can see them coming
- Installing a centrepiece on the wider pavement that includes attractive planting, a ‘points of interest’ sign post, and a circle of benches
- Replacing the cracked paving
- Moving the recycling facilities to new locations near the St Margarets Tavern and St Margarets Church to serve both ends of St Margarets (see map for details)
These ideas are at an early stage of development and your views are needed. Provided that the plan receives support through the consultation, the council and partners will aim to raise the funds needed for the project.
The consultation can be completed online: www.richmond.gov.uk/council_consultations
Please complete the survey by 31 December 2012.