Come to an Environment Trust Art Picnic at the house of J M W Turner on Sunday 20th February 2011 from 11am to 4pm.
A fascinating new venue, not open to the public, made available to us by the Sandycombe Lodge Trust. The painter JMW Turner designed and lived in this house from 1812 to 1826. Much of the original internal architectural detail remains, with an arched and mirrored entrance hall thought to have been inspired by Turner’s friend the architect Sir John Soane. Empty, unmodernised and a little shabby, the interior offers challenging opportunities for capturing the evocative atmosphere before restoration takes place; or you could paint the view through the windows. And you can certainly imagine Turner cleaning his brushes in the basement kitchen.
Materials for sketching (paper, pencils, and charcoal) and drawing boards will be provided, but you are welcome to bring your own equipment if you prefer. Don’t forget to bring a picnic lunch too.
Ticket prices if booked and paid for at least 48 hours before the event
- Individual £20 (Environment Trust members £15)
- Family £40 (Environment Trust members £30)
If purchased on the day
- Individual £25 (Environment Trust members £20)
- Family £50 (Environment Trust members £40)
Family tickets are for two or more people, at least one of whom is under 18 years old
Buy a book of 6 tickets and get a 20% discount
- Individual £100 (Environment Trust members £75)
- Tickets can be used at any art picnic, but places need to be booked in advance; for full terms and conditions please contact the office
Please call the office on 020 8891 5455 or e-mail: email@example.com to book your place.
Contact on the day : Jenny Pearce 07792 944564