There’s a warm welcome waiting for you at this weekends St Margarets Christmas Fair, the weather may be a little cold but a glass of Mulled Wine or a Hot Toddy should help to keep you warm. The fair takes place on Sunday 5th December in Crown Road from 11 am the full programme of events and attractions is as follows:
- Around 50 stalls
- Santa’s Grotto (39 Crown Road) - Sponsored by Dexter’s
- Treasure Hunt (outside Santa’s grotto) - Sponsored by Chase Buchanan
- Orleans Infants School Tin Can Alley Game - Sponsored by St Margarets Pharmacy
- Balloon Artist - Will be giving away balloon models all day - Sponsored by Gaia Wholefoods
- Street Entertainers - Sponsored by Denham & Finney
- Juggler & Fire eater (from 3pm) - Sponsored by Pilates Plus
- Bingo - Sponsored by Crown Classic Cars
- Mr Marvels Magic Show - Sponsored by Nigel Hare Joinery
- Mulled Wine Stall - Sponsored by The Good Wine Shop
- Churchill’s giant tombola in aid of Lynn’s Bowel Cancer Campaign
- a full programme of music - Sponsored by Tenant Finder (music programme below)
- The Mayor will also be dropping in to pay us a visit
The fair draws to a close at 4 pm with St Stephens church holding an open-air carol service.
Full music programme
11.00 - 11.30 hrs The St Margarets Elastic Band
The St Margarets Elastic Band is a very popular local band that plays a diverse range of music - big band, swing, jazz and well-known popular songs. They might even occasionally leap into a quiet almost classical mood.
11.50 - 12.20 hrs The Carnabys
Dynamic, youthful talented and irresistible bunch of young men with a retro appeal.
12.40- 13.20 hrs Alix Anthony Band
Alix is unique - he sings, plays amazing guitar, and dances too… backed up by top Twickenham musos Scott Clark on drums and local Tenant Finder Dave McGeachie on bass.
Classic soul and rock covers - from James Brown to Jimi Hendrix.
13.40- 14.10 hrs James Henry with Band
“James Henry is a singer, guitarist, songwriter & producer. He is currently promoting new album “Overspill” with his band - a cross between Squeeze, XTC, Beatles and Gilbert O’Sullivan. The video for his last single ‘The Sun Is Cracking The Flags’ continues to create a considerable buzz online - big things are predicted for this immensely talented artist (www.jameshenry.net.”)
14.30 -1500 hrs Jem Cooke
With a voice to soothe and compel her audience, she sings to the sound of crisp guitar played by ‘Dangerous Dave’. Its 60’s chic with a modern lemon twist,
15.20 - 15.50 hrs Kid Champion
All fuzz, fun and fury, three-piece outfit Kid Champion were forged not long ago in the back-alleys and bunkers of Twickenham and have built a sound to be proud of - a heady mix of complex riffs, hard-and-fast drums and infectious pop hooks