Richmond Borough Council conducted a ‘Beat’ survey as a guide to determine what if any parking problems exist in an area. This is done by comparing car registration plates at different times of the day. The 4.30am figure would indicate the total number of residents parked, whilst the day time figures would represent a mix of residents and visitors.
Survey conducted Tuesday Nov 2007
|Hill View Rd||41||48||31|
|Moor Mead Rd||70||61||64|
|St Margarets Grove||91||81||81|
From the Beat survey you can see that there are approximately 100 fewer cars parked during the day than at night
- A CPZ means that legally, yellow lines have to be put in place resulting in loss of spaces.
- The 60 Grove flats which have onsight parking for about 20 cars, were excluded from parking on Winchester Rd but were included in the 2nd consultation.
- If you can’t change to a “green” car, you could pay up to £225 pa, plus £337.50 pa for a second car = £562.50 pa.
- You have to pay for vouchers for your visitors and tradesmen.
- Parking fines for even minor contraventions £80 and due to change from 1st July.
- Creating bays across dropped kerbs is a possibility.
- The Council cannot remove unauthorised vehicles.
— from Mary Ainscough