Valentine’s day is a great excuse to feed a chocolate addiction and to make something special for your loved ones. These souffles combine the strong flavours of chili, nutmeg and dark chocolate into a light fluffy dessert which has three distinct flavour undertones.
Nutmeg and Chili, Chocolate Souffles
|50 grams||dark chocolate (70% not baking chocolate)|
|pinch||freshly grated nutmeg|
|unsalted butter||to coat ramekins|
- Preheat fan oven to 180 degrees C (200 degrees if conventional oven.)
- Butter 2 large ramekins or 4 small ramekins.
- In a food processor pulse the dark chocolate and the chili until a course powder forms.
- Melt the chocolate mixture in a double boiler or in the microwave.
- Separate the eggs.
- Put the whites in a large bowl and the yolk of the egg back into the food processor. Whisk the egg whites until they form a soft peak (about 5 minutes using an electric egg beater)
- Add the sugar to the egg whites and whisk a further 2-3 minutes.
- Mix the melted chocolate with the egg yolks in the food processor.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg white.
- Add a pinch of nutmeg to the mixture and pour into the buttered ramekins.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
For further healthy recipes please see Catherine’s website at stmargaretskitchen.blogspot.com