How to beat your exercising excuses.
- Make sure you warm up well. Begin your warm by walking for 2 minutes and then start jogging. Run easily for about 5 minutes. Taking walking breaks when you need them.
- Keep your pace slow. Do not run too quickly as this will make the session hard.
- Run somewhere new so you do not get bored of your running route.
- Try running some of the free 5K time trial runs in the local parks. These are great fun and provide a good monitor as to how your training is working out.
- Have a go at a new exercise class. Do a workout that you have not done before. This will keep you motivated and help supplement your training.
- Start to run using a heart rate monitor. This will provide a good indicator to how hard you are training and your progression.
CLASS TIME TABLE
|Monday||12.30pm||Marble Hill Park||Adult circuit class||Beginner|
|Monday||2.00pm||Marble Hill Park||Running group||Intermediate|
|Wednesday||9.00am||Orleans Infant School||Running group||Intermediate|
|Thursday||2.00pm||Marble Hill Park||Running group||Intermediate / Advanced|
|Friday||9.00am||Orleans Infant School||Running group||Intermediate|
|Alternate Saturdays||8.30am||St Margarets Station||Long run||Intermediate|
Boot camps for May will be held on Monday 9th June to Friday 20th June. Meet at 6.15am by Marble Hill car park. The session lasts an hour. Please call Georgie on 07736 070612 to book a place.
FITNESS CLASS IN THE PARK
Mondays 12.30pm in Marble Hill Park. This class is aimed at beginners or those who want to tone up and work on strengthening bums and tums. There is no need to book, just turn up and pay £5. Buggies welcome.