But this shouldn’t worry you…
Without Tesco the good folk of St Margarets have the perfect opportunity to rediscover the rest of the shops on the high street. We should be supporting our community and should remember it is the small independent traders that help keep our community alive.
Here is a guide to your local shops selling food, so why not use this opportunity to support your local community after all… every little helps.
- Gaia corner of Amyand & St Margarets Road Sells an amazing range of healthy foods from organic bread to organic fruit and veg. Gaia has a super range of wholefoods, nuts and pulses galore.
- Broadway Stores corner of Amyand & St Margarets Road Groceries, bread, milk and more including lottery and newspapers and a great selection of baking ingredients for all those school cake sales.
- Cutters 28 Crown Road A little shop crammed full of useful things, here you will find your household cleaning materials, toiletries, DIY goods, lots of treats and bargain chocolate!
- Nike News St Margarets Road near Bridge Road Newsagents, lottery and also basic groceries.
- Streets St Margarets Road next to Tesco The greengrocers with all your fruit and vegetable needs.
- Zorans 10 Crown Road For the finest Italian ingredients.
- The bookstall at St Margarets Station Newspapers, magazines and snacks galore.
- Babydom 14 Crown Road A new childrenswear shop that also has a great range of organic babyfood.
- Absolute Pets half way down Crown Road near Brula have pet food and accessories
- The Post Office in St Margarets Road offers banking facilities for most major banks.
- Cutters at 28 Crown Road and Gift at 2 Crown Road both offer the cashback facility.