The St Margarets Traders Association is a group of 40+ local traders dedicated to helping improve the community. In the past year along they have raised over £16,000 for the community. After the St. Margarets Christmas fair they donated £7,000 to Orleans Infant School and St. Stephens Junior School. In addition, they organised a Tsunami Appeal which raised almost £6,000 and raised a Civic Pride Grant of £3,000.
In order to be able to continue to put on these events, the Traders Association is looking for anyone willing to donate their time and energy. In particular, they are looking for the following:
- Logo designer/printer
- Writers/editors/publisher/printer etc. to create a St Margarets publication
- Press Officer
- Event sponsors – everything from sponsoring whole events to providing staging/lights/sound/publicity etc…
- Christmas lights organiser
- Christmas event organiser
- Summer event organiser
- General fundraising
- Resources data base manager
These events are always well attended, enhance community spirit, and help to support local organizations. If you are able to help out in any way please contact Simon Chapman in Cutters located in Crown Road.